We send out all our Japan Rail Passes with Special Delivery. We can deliver anywhere in the world using the following delivery methods as follows, so no matter where you are, you can get your JR Pass. Prices are shown prior to checkout.
Royal Mail Signed For® - in two to three working days including Saturdays
Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm next working day
Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm with guaranteed Saturday delivery
FedEx International Priority® - next working day
International Tracked & Signed - within 3-5 working days
FedEx International Priority® - next working day, depending on country and area
(European countries include : Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland)
Registered Air Packet - 4-7 working days
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY (all other countries)
FedEx International Priority®
All our deliveries are carried out using Royal Mail or Fedex Express. As such we are subject to their terms and conditions.
Once your order has been received by us, we aim to dispatch your goods within 1-2 business day (orders placed before 2:00pm UK time for Royal Mail Delivery, 9:00am UK time for FedEx Delivery ) (Mon-Fri except bank holidays in the UK). However dispatch is subject to stocking levels. In such cases we will contact you for further instruction.
Once we have dispatched your goods, you should normally receive them within the timeframe of the delivery type chosen. However, while we maintain a close relationship with our delivery company, and will attempt to rectify any delivery problems as soon as reasonably possible, the operation of the delivery company we use is outside our control. Time of delivery shall not be subject to any contractual obligation, and Discover Japan Ltd does not offer any guarantee that your order will arrive within the delivery time-frame chosen. In the event of the delay of delivery of your order or a mistake in the order itself, Discover Japan Ltd accepts no liability for any associated expense, loss of profits or other losses incurred whatsoever. Failure to deliver on time will not entitle the customer to terminate their purchase contract with Discover Japan Ltd, or refuse delivery. Returns should be made using the instructions below.
Whilst we make every effort to deliver all your goods in the agreed time, we will not be liable if we fail to do so in part or in full due to circumstances beyond our control.
Delivery will be made to the address specified by you on the completed order form. We reserve the right to charge for any extra carriage costs incurred should the incorrect address by entered on your order. Until dispatch of your order please contact us to amend or add any delivery details.
Please note that Discover Japan Ltd will not be responsible for any lost or damaged parcel as a result of incomplete or inaccurate address.
Refunds and Returns
Any travel JRPass Exchange Orders may be returned for any reason within 1 year. The following conditions apply:
- The Exchange Order that has not been turned in for a JAPAN RAIL PASS
- The Exchange Order was not lost or stolen.
- Discover Japan Ltd will charge a 10% of the price paid for the JR Pass, plus £15(€18/$25) handling fee per ticket.
- If the ticket is found to be damaged or faulty, we will either replace the item or give you a full refund (including postage costs). Please state the option you would prefer. If you require a replacement, we will wait to receive the faulty copy from you before dispatching a new one.
- If the item was incorrectly supplied or if we have made a mistake in fulfilling your order, a full refund (including postage costs) will be given.
- Items must be accompanied by a copy of the delivery note or receipt.
The exchange coupons supplied to customers should be returned to Discover Japan Ltd. Items supplied to customers should be returned in their original packaging.
Please make sure you contact us before returning any item. Any item returned without our knowledge will be refused.
Please also note that the items remain your property until we have received them. You are therefore responsible for your goods while they are in transit to us. For your own protection we recommend using a secure recorded delivery method such as Royal Mail Special Delivery.
Provided the conditions above are met Discover Japan Ltd will refund the item(s), and postage where applicable.
Please note that returns are accepted at the discretion of the Discover Japan Ltd. If any items are returned which do not adhere to the above policy, then we reserve the right to impose a charge proportionate with the costs of processing the items. Refunds will be given in the same tender type as the original payment.
If we receive your coupon(s) more than 2 months after it was ordered, we cannot refund to the same tender type as the original payment. In this case, your refund will be given to your bank account you provide. In such case, all the bank charges have to be deducted from refund amount.
Please allow 28 days (in addition to the delivery time) for the return and refund to be processed.
Returns in Japan
- After an Exchange Order is turned in for a Japan Rail Pass, the pass can be turned in at any Japan Rail Pass exchange office for a refund if this is done before the starting date for the use of the pass. (Ten percent of the yen price of the pass will be charged as a handling fee.). The refund will be 90% of the Yen value of the ticket.
- No refund can be made for any reason on or after the stamped First Date.
- No refund or extension of the validity period can be made in the event of train non-operation, delay, or the like.
Please note Discover Japan Ltd are not responsible for the returns process in Japan, and will not be liable to you/or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages (including but not limited to loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, wasted expenditure, loss of privacy and loss of data) or any other indirect, special or punitive damages whatsoever that arise out of or are related to the returns process in Japan.